ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
baobob
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,691Gear list
Like?
The Kipon adaptor EF Canon to XF Fuji with aperture ring revisited
Feb 16, 2013

Today the weather is fine and I get bright light

I have to revisit some of my statements that wer written after trials in mediocre light

1/- Test of the 100mm 2.8 Macro L IS Canon lens

I can stop down to number five on the Kipon

since 1 corresponds to 2.8 one can estimate that each Kipon graduation is roughly 1EV, which leads to stopping down to f 10 This creates in bright light some vignetting that needs a +35-40 on my PS 5 to be correct

So the lens is perfectly usable outdoors with sufficient light (lower light makes vignetting more visible)

2/- test of the Canon 70-200 EF L f4

For this one I can stop down to number 4 on the Kipon so probably f8 with the same vignet +35-40 Ps correction

The intersting thing being that I get excatly the same results when adding my 1.4x Kenko extender

Which means that outside in good light I get a 420mm equiv with a good aperture flexibility

It's probably wise to ude the RAW files for the vignet correc tion although my tests used only the F JPEGs

So these lead to a much more optimistic perpestive than my previous aperture test

In fact I mainly used the macro lens and did not pay too much attention to stopping down

The final word being for some 70$ at most on ebay it's a very interesting adaptor

-- hide signature --

Good judgment comes from experience
Experience comes from bad judgment

baobob's gear list:baobob's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX100 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +8 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow