Sold on Small Sensors....

Started Feb 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Pierre Daigneault
Regular MemberPosts: 159Gear list
Like?
Re: Sold on Small Sensors....
In reply to jazzage, Feb 16, 2013

Agreed Jazz. They certainly have a place and it will be a very long time (if ever) before they are displaced. However the current trend of every man and his dog (even very causal photographers, who seldom print and only ever view on the screen) owning an "enthusiast" compact or DSLR intrigues me. It seems to me more out of a fashion (to be trendy) rather than a specific technical need for the quality advantages.

I did not mean to start a war or anything...as you point out they both have their place, but again I have seen that many will not have their "kit" when they really need it.

Anyway.....so long as they are happy with their investment and are taking pictures...who cares. I look forward to the time when the small sensor can match the current high ISO and focus speed  of a DSLR (of course by then the DSLR will be even more advanced....but who needs better than 6400 ISO on a regular basis or focus times better than 0.1 sec....

....I am sure it won't be long.

-- hide signature --

The most important part of your camera is the large nut behind the lens......

Pierre Daigneault's gear list:Pierre Daigneault's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Brother MFC-J415w
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow