If you're going to use the center AF point only...

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Noogy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,472Gear list
Like?
Re: If you're going to use the center AF point only...
In reply to Jonathan Brady, Feb 16, 2013

Jonathan Brady wrote:

I've seen several reviews of the 6D in which they talk about using only the center AF point. First off, just how bad are the outer points? And second of all, who uses JUST the center AF point? Do many people ignore basic guidelines of photography (ie, rule of thirds) for the majority of their shots?

IMO, I'd like to have highly sensitive AF points in the middle and at the 4 junctions of the rule of thirds and then a small array of other points that don't necessarily have to be quite as sensitive (if we're talking about a budget conscious camera, anyway). Am I the only one thinking like this?

The 6D's center point is so responsive that the outer points can feel inadequate when they are not.  It's just that the center point grabs very rapidly.  The outer points can't match that of the 7D of course, which I also own.  But they're fairly reliable except when there is too little light.

-- hide signature --

JCC
"Photography is therapeutic."
http://www.pbase.com/joshcruzphotos

Noogy's gear list:Noogy's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Sony Alpha NEX-5 Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow