Do you non professionals still use DSLR's? And why?

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Donald B
Senior MemberPosts: 3,163Gear list
Like?
Re: Living in the past?
In reply to RedFox88, Feb 16, 2013

RedFox88 wrote:

Hatstand wrote:

These figures are from tests by ephotozine.com. I don't know how they measured those, but I can say subjectively, that I found little difference in performance between 600D and FZ150 for action photography. The image stabilisation on the FZ150 (subjectively again) is as good as I got from Canon lenses.

Those are nice numbers, but the quality of focus, image sensor/lens clarity are much different from an SLR to a P&S superzoom.

Hmm, are you sure you shoot action photography? Image stabilization is of little to no use for action photos because shutter speed are needed to be fast enough to freeze action which will also eliminate camera shake.

And you can always slap a better, higher quality lens on an SLR but with a P&S camera you are stuck with the lens that's on it. A teleconverter on a P&S isn't worth it for the results.

going to disagree with this statement,  a high end bridge for starters attaching a canon 500d macro filter on the fz150 wil out perform any slr macro combination at any price point and give you 500mm working distance. secondly attaching the canon dc58b teleconvertor to the 150 has no loss of light like on an slr which looses 2 stops. ever shot with a 1000mm f5.2 hand held with one hand ? and an off camera flash in the other. try it you will leave you slr at home, i have. a good friend shoots nikon even with the $7000 300vr112.8 and have seen comparrisions he has sent me with both and i have many a time got the cameras wrong.

cheers don

-- hide signature --

Pentax K7, Panasonic fz150, Olympus XZ1, my main toys.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow