>>> Challenge #169: Voting Open <<<

Started Feb 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Zhaark
Regular MemberPosts: 129Gear list
Like?
Re: >>> Challenge #169: Voting Open <<<
In reply to PAUL TILL, Feb 16, 2013

fromp, I totally agree with you, we need to get more entries on these challenges, but how? I've tried a completely new theme, that did not work. I then tried a different take on a older theme, still no luck. Tried no PP and no limit on PP as well. I feel the standard will get better with time, they just have to keep on entering.

Back to the voting... Its only fair if my entry doesnt win, only because i didnt vote. It will mean that all the other entrants voted, giving me points, and I didnt feel the need to give any points to them. This is why some doesnt want to vote now. Because you vote, giving their entries a boost and not your's, since you cannot vote for yourself. If all the entries vote, then all will get the 10 bonus points, witch will make the playing field level again. Those who do not vote will have a -10, so its fair.

What about this. In the future you'll have a challenge with 80 entries, but with only 3 voters?? The more votes, the better the chance of getting the real, deserving winner!

I don't know, we cant force people to enter, but we can force the entrants to vote, and just maybe this can motivate more people to join the challenge?

In the end, we need more entries YES. but in the process of getting there, why not try every possible thing to make the site great? I am only one guy with my opinion, maybe i've got a great idea, then again, maybe its the worse ever. I will only know if I put it out there. 

-- hide signature --

I live my life one photo at a time, for that 10 seconds or less, I am free.

Zhaark's gear list:Zhaark's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS35EXR Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow