Started Feb 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Macrofiend
New MemberPosts: 20
Like?
Canon SX50 - some bird and macro glimpses from Australia
Feb 16, 2013

I am very pleased with this camera for its ease of use and creditable results at full zoom, so for those unsure of its worth, I can share some of my more positive experiences with it. The parrots (lorikeets) were taken in Program mode at 400 ISO in a flowering eucalypt in my garden in Sydney, hand held at focal lengths of 53-88 mm; f5.6 and either 1/200 or 1/100 sec shutter speed. They have had minor levels and sharpening tweaking in photoshop then cropped.

The Kookaburras were taken through a glass window at ISO 400, 1/80 sec, f6.3 and 107 mm focal length. They are big kingfisher-like birds and often look for tadpoles in my pond!

I am not sure what size I can post these, as this is the first time I have tried, but if they don't all open in this opening thread, I'll post more next time. The last is a beautiful Blue-winged parrot from southern Victoria which is taken at full optical zoom in late afternoon light: ISO 200, 1/100 sec, f6.5, and again hand held. I was amazed at the way the IS functions; the camera wasn't completely still as I had nothing to lean on and the image has needed only the slightest sharpening.

Be pleased to get any feed-back!

Thanks,

Marion

Kookaburras in garden ISO 400 1/80 shutter f6.3 107 mm focal length

Lorikeets feeding on eucalypt blossom ISO 400 1/100 sec shutter f5.6 69 mm focal length

Blue-winged parrot ISO 200 f6.5 1/100 sec 215 mm focal length

Lorikeet ISO 400 1/200 sec f5.6 88 mm focal length

Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow