X100 or wait for X100s?

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
atone2
Regular MemberPosts: 306Gear list
Like?
Re: X100 or wait for X100s?
In reply to a l b e r t, Feb 16, 2013

a l b e r t wrote:

I've the X-Pro1 and X-E1 and I also used a X100.

The X-Pro1 and X-E1 have significantly better skin tone than X100 especially with higher ISO (>=1600). And resolution is also quite a bit higher. The 18-55mm zoom lens is as sharp or sharper than many prime lenses. It is certainly much sharper than the Fuji XF 18mm prime.

I don't find AF slow on the X100, but AF accuracy is about the same as X-Pro1 before this latest firmware update. Which means, it is not as accurate as I like.

In terms of AF speed on the X100s, it is rated at 0.08s, and X-E1 is rated at 0.1s. So if X-E1 AF speed is acceptable to you, then AF speed on X100s should be fine.

Personally, I'd rather wait for X100s or buy the X-E1 with 18-55mm lens if you need a camera right now.

No way. The X-E1 I owned had worse AF than my X100, the 35mm was hunting like crazy. The X-E1 DID NOT give ME any better skin tones in high iso (i prefer to shoot raw). The 18-55 was really nice in many ways, but AF was not very good. My lens did not give good results at de long end, wide open. At the wide end, and a little stopped down, it was very good.

Both in RAW and JPEG the file quality on the X-E1 (with X-trans) was questionable. The X-E1 at ISO 400, 1/60, F4 gives almost the same exposure as my 5D classic with ISO 200 with and the same settings (inflated ISO on the Fuji...). Fuji is cheating! The RAW file quality on my eight year old 5D and the X100 is clearly better than the X-E1 i owned for 3 months...

OP, buy the original X100. It is a fantastic camera and it gives beautiful rawfiles without any artifacts.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow