Photo quality falls when importing from CS5 raw to photoshop

Started Feb 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
tiggle
Junior MemberPosts: 27
Like?
Re: Photo quality falls when importing from CS5 raw to photoshop
In reply to Redcrown, Feb 16, 2013

Redcrown, thanks very much for your detailed reply. It is method three that I have been using. I don't have time at the moment to post the pics, but I  will later. But if it is helpful in the meantime, at 100% the pics in ACR and PS look almost identical. However at 33%, (the normal size for my screen) the pics in PS look noisier.  I had never noticed this before I reinstalled PS.

When saved after finishing adjusments in PS (I normally save as JPEG for my workflow) the pics look fine when viewed in Bridge or in Preview (I use a Mac). It only seems to be the view in PS itself that is odd. The noise or over sharpening that appears when viewed in PS does not appear when viewed in other viewing programs. This seems to mean that PS is not "damaging" the pics, just the "view" of them is odd.

Thanks again for your reply. I am not at my main computer at the moment but will post the screen captures later.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow