Good quality monopod/head?

Started Feb 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Wyville
Senior MemberPosts: 2,701Gear list
Like?
A quick update
In reply to Wyville, Feb 16, 2013

Just wanted to thank everyone for their input. Yesterday I ordered a Jobu Design monopod which I got at about half price. I have found only positive reviews of it, so I think I got a really good deal. (At that price there was nothing like it anyway.)

The only thing left is the tilt head. I'm still trying to find out if the Custom Brackets Tilt Head AS is available over here, otherwise I might take a gamble with an Asian brand called Sunwayfoto. Their head (DT-01 + DDC50 clamp) is not exactly cheap (~€170), still a bit under the price of the Kirk head (~€230) and a similar all metal design. It seems like it's meant to be a serious alternative to the RRS/Kirk/Custom Brackets heads (unlike the Sirui RRS imitation). But I'll have to see first if I can't get the Custom Brackets tilt head. That one seems like a very nice design.

Wyville's gear list:Wyville's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow