ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LeonXTR
Contributing MemberPosts: 820Gear list
Like?
Variable ND, Kenko or Hoya?
Feb 16, 2013

I am between the Hoya Variable ND 3-400 and the Kenko NDX 2,5-1000

Thing is, usually, in 99% of the cases, Kenko and Hoya's are both the one and the same thing (same glass, same factory, same package, different name).

In this case, Kenko is stated to go up to ND1000 but at their site they state : Practical use up to ND450, so it is on-par with the Hoya.

However, for the 77mm thread the Kenko is €250 and the Hoya is €120. And that despite the fact that Japanese-sold Kenko's are the same thing but usually 20-30% cheaper than internationally-sold Hoya's.

So i am wondering if, in this case, Kenko NDX is actually different than the Hoya.

Before anyone suggests it, and i know i can get an old, branded LPL for €20-30 and stacking it in front of my CPL, create a variable ND, but i wish to avoid the vignetting (old filters aren't as slim as modern ones.)

-- hide signature --

The manual is there to be read,not for toilet paper.

LeonXTR's gear list:LeonXTR's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Canon Extender EF 2x II Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +5 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow