X100 or wait for X100s?

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Klay
Regular MemberPosts: 464Gear list
Like?
Return policy works fine for Amazom
In reply to JoeRadza, Feb 16, 2013

No problem with returns if something is wrong. What I do have a problem with is a customer saying I'll buy, use it, and see if I like or not and returning it. Returns are for problems which do not include buyers remorse. If you feel differently, then realize the price is included in what you pay.

Actually, I think the generous return policy has little or no effect on the price. Someone, who had worked for Amazon, posted an explanation of how the return policy is working for Amazon.

The policy is intended to give the consumer who may be on the fence the confidence to go ahead and buy. It works. More people buy than might not have if there was a stricter return policy. Turns out that not that many people abuse this policy. The end resultt is more sales for Amazon. The returns that do come back can do damage to Amazon's margins but that ow is softened by reselling returned (and perfectly fine) merchandise as new.

No reason for Amazon to raise prices. They make more money with such a return policy than without.

Kevin

Klay's gear list:Klay's gear list
Nikon D70s Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow