14-35mm f/2.0 full-size sample with spectacular detail

Started Feb 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
John Mason
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,631Gear list
Like?
it is an amazing lens - too bad nothing like in on m4/3rds yet
In reply to philosomatographer, Feb 16, 2013

I have hopes the new f2.8 zoom offerings from Olympus might bring an SHG level zooms to the m4/3rds format.

The recent 17 f2.8 prime isn't promising.  The Panasonic 14-35 is not even close to the same league as the SHGs.  Lens correction in software is not free.

For now my SHG's sit on the shelf as I use primes with m4/3 and wait the cdaf capable m4/3 body in the fall (if rumors are true).  When I zoom I'm grabbing the Canon these days.  Still have the E5/E30/E1 but they don't get much use (well, any use).

Olympus seems to have lost it's way with a very inconsistent lens lineup approach to m4/3rds.  On 4/3 you knew what you were getting with 3 clear levels of lenses (and prices to match).

Yes - the 14-35 is the best overall zoom I've ever owned.  Now that we are getting some decent sensors it'll be nice when I can marry the two back together!

-- hide signature --
 John Mason's gear list:John Mason's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm 1:4.0 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-35mm 1:2.0 SWD Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
PrisNew
JohnNew
skeys MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow