Wow!! My first run in with Canikon snob...

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
GeraldW
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,884Gear list
Like?
Re: Just a little follow up...
In reply to BrewLab, Feb 16, 2013

A long time ago, I found that people who choose a certain brand based on what they feel are good reasons will defend that choice as if they were religious zealots.  It seems to boil down to preserving their self image - as in I couldn't possibly be wrong.

Over many years, I've had many cameras of different brands - as in SLR's from Pentax, Ricoh, Nikon, Minolta, and Olympus and DSLR's from Canon and Nikon.  I'm currently looking seriously at a Sony SLT-57.  Along the way, I've had folks sneer at one of my cameras or another- but never anything as rude and full of himself as your encounter.

I guess A-holes exist in all venues.  The worst I ever encountered personally was on a ski lift.  He had all the "best" gear and was spending the ride denigrating my gear and pointing out how wonderfull his was.  At the top he fell off the chair and they had to stop the lift to disengage him.  I didn't stay to watch and just skiied off down the mountain on my "inferior" skis.

-- hide signature --

Jerry

GeraldW's gear list:GeraldW's gear list
Canon PowerShot A710 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon PowerShot G15
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow