What has happened to Nikon?

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
moving_comfort
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,880Gear list
Like?
Re: Delay purchase based on forum chatter: a sad fail.
In reply to nathantw, Feb 16, 2013

nathantw wrote:

moving_comfort wrote:

nathantw wrote:

I've been dying to buy the D800 because that's the camera I've been waiting for but after seeing all the complaints I decided to wait for its successor and for Nikon to get their s**t together. It's too bad because Nikon did have a great reputation and deservedly so during their film years.

-

Personally I think you've shot yourself in the foot.

There's a lot of hysteria, a lot of false information, a lot of trolling, etc. If you've delayed a purchase of something as great as a D800 based on this forum, you've done yourself a disservice.

You're probably right. I keep looking at the D800 really wanting one, but so hesitant. I almost ran to the store today after reading yours and another poster's response thinking you're correct, but $3k is still a lot of money to be dropping down for what may or may not be a crap-shoot.

I fully understand, but unless you can't return it or are facing a restocking fee, what's the real danger?

Go for it! Sometimes you just have to choose the path forward:

...  and take a leap of faith!  

-- hide signature --

Here are a few of my favorite things...
---> http://www.flickr.com/photos/95095968@N00/sets/72157626171532197/

moving_comfort's gear list:moving_comfort's gear list
Pentax K20D Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow