frank-in-toronto
Contributing MemberPosts: 961
Like?
Re: I had constant issue with oil and spots on my D700
In reply to Lance B, Feb 16, 2013

Lance B wrote:

Prairie Pal wrote:

lanefAU wrote:

Same here, it was a big mistake on my part to jump early on a new model, should have waited at least a year as I did for my D70, D200 & D700.

I'm in the same boat. I was late in the game before I actually picked up and experienced the feel and performance of the D700 and then before I knew it they were no longer available. I regretted not getting one, so when the D600 came out I jumped on it in faith that it was going to be as trouble free and venerable as the D700 despite the plastic build. That's the last time I ever make that mistake with Nikon.

Interestingly, my D700 had a constant issue with dust and oil spots. I had to get it cleaned 4 times in the two years and 14,000 shutter actuations due to geavy contamination of oils and dust spots. I was not overly happy about it, but I just got it cleaned and got on with it.

"got on with it"

i can only imagine that means that after the cleanings you were ok.  i have cleaned my D600 4 times in 4 months. just today i wet cleaned it, did 100 at Ch and when i checked there was a new spot.  a bad one that looks like a flake (i.e.: not dust, something else). I'd like to just get on with it. really.

i'm out with amateur photog groups 5 or 6 times a month. sometimes more.  most of them are using entry level or older models and ask about my d600.  i tell them i love it except for the constant dust/mess issue.  i finish with "don't get one. you could be very sorry".

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow