What has happened to Nikon?

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
wisep01
Contributing MemberPosts: 913
Like?
Re: What has happened to Nikon?
In reply to Shotcents, Feb 16, 2013

Robert,

I, for one, approve of your grassroots efforts to raise the photographic community's awareness about the concomitant risks and limitations attendant in owning current-generation Nikon DSLRs. This issue is entirely within the jurisdiction of social justice: a beyond-acceptable proportion of Nikon DSLR users has been marginalized and disenfranchised by the reported Q/C issues, and it is laudable that you have chosen to champion their rights.  In lieu of the many "thumbs-up" you have heretofore received, I can see that I am not alone in expressing this sentiment.

Some Nikon apologists here have resorted to largely speculative and unsubstantiated hearsay, supplying by way of explanation the Sendai disaster for Nikon's "purported" quality-control shortcomings. That conclusion is mere rationalization-- and absent an empirical foundation is simply untenable and should well be relegated to the rubbish heap by any reasonable, thinking individual.

To be sure, there are a fair number of users who are eminently satisfied with their cameras, but perhaps they would do well to realize that the current circumstances, in some measure, call for the realization that we need to change the conditions that affect people, not just attempt to change the people who are affected by these conditions.

David

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow