Rain covers for NEX cameras

Started Feb 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
probert500
Contributing MemberPosts: 953Gear list
Like?
Re: Rain covers for NEX cameras
In reply to zackiedawg, Feb 16, 2013

zackiedawg wrote:

I find ZipLoc freezer bags to be extremely useful for this duty. I've always got one folded in my back pocket for quick protection to toss the camera in if there's a heavy rainstorm, and I also have one 'customized' for shooting in the rain. The customized one has a hole for the lens to shoot through, which I made by cutting a circular hole about 20% smaller than the lens' opening and stretching it around the lens end, then installing the lens hood over it which holds it in place. The Ziploc opening end of the bag is kept facing down, so I can insert my hand into the bag and manipulate the camera shutter and controls - I have to resort to shooting with the LCD though since I can't really make much use of the EVF through the bag...but at least it lets me keep shooting in light rain without worrying about the camera!

If the rain gets really heavy, most shots will be useless anyway, so then I just put the whole thing away in the sealable Ziploc bag - the large-size freezer bags are big enough to actually fit my NEX-5N with EVF attached, 55-210mm lens, AND Dh1758 teleextender, and still zip closed!

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

Ziplocks are your friend.  I'm all for it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow