RX100 Filter Options?

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Liz Z.
Senior MemberPosts: 1,259Gear list
Like?
Re: RX100 Filter Options?
In reply to andywhoa, Feb 15, 2013

andywhoa wrote:

Liz's reply isn't entirely accurate. Carry Speed offers a threaded adapter . It works just like the polarizer, except it has threads and allows you to use the filters you already have. I have the 55mm adapter which is the same diameter of the RX100's focus ring.

That's one of the options I was thinking of when I wrote "If you want to try a different kind of filter, like a neutral density, then you would need a different system--there are a few options." I just didn't go into the specifics of them, because I didn't want to write a longer post than I already had if the OP only wanted a CPL. But you're right, the CS threaded adapter is not actually a "different system"; it really is a variant of the Magfilter system.

On another note, I think it's too bad that the CarrySpeed threaded adapter doesn't come in a 49mm size for the RX100, instead of only for the Canon S series. I think 49mm is a perfectly reasonable size filter for the RX100....

-- hide signature --

Liz

Liz Z.'s gear list:Liz Z.'s gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Sony RX100 Adobe Photoshop CS6 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow