Do you non professionals still use DSLR's? And why?

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
SonyForNow
Regular MemberPosts: 247Gear list
Like?
Re: Do you non professionals still use DSLR's? And why?
In reply to gdourado, Feb 15, 2013

I use it for my photography, family, vacation. The less shutter lag/dof control/larger flash/lenses choice which slr's have vs point and shoot are primary reasons. Would an OMD EM-5 be smaller than my Sony A33 or other dlsr? Not when you have to find a spot for it at a crowded table in a restaurant. Yes EM-5 and lenses are less size and weight to carry than other dslr's, but it still doesn't fit in a pants pocket. I do use a flat p&s for that and don't expect outstanding photos, just expect the picture is ok.

Honestly though I'm not one who has to have a camera all the time everywhere. On vacation or events I only photograph about third of the time. The rest is sightseeing w/o camera. Ending up with over 4000+ photos to go through when back from vacation? Just shoot me!

SonyForNow's gear list:SonyForNow's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow