TThorne
Senior MemberPosts: 2,711Gear list
Like?
Re: X100 or wait for X100s?
In reply to mr moonlight, Feb 15, 2013

mr moonlight wrote:

JoeRadza wrote:

Sulis2 wrote:

This is exactly what I am doing. I have a refurb X100 (1 year warranty, so no problems re SAB) which I have been using happily, but am aware of the limitations. I will get the X100s and see if the improvements are worth the £500 difference in price - if not, I will send it back...

Exactly why there should be substantial restocking fees. You must be a blast at a restaurant.

Hugely successful online companies like Amazon have very liberal return policies exactly for this purpose. How can a company possibly expect you to drop $1300 on a camera sight unseen with any shred of confidence unless you have the ability to return it without a penalty? Amazon and B&H together have ran countless brick and mortar photo stores out of business and are reaping huge profits because of this. Reading all the reviews in the world won't take the place of trying it out in person.

So true.

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

TThorne's gear list:TThorne's gear list
Leica M-Monochrom Leica M Typ 240 Sony Alpha 7S Leica Summilux-M 21mm f/1.4 Asph Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow