6D vs D600 Astrophotography

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mike K
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,469Gear list
Like?
Re: 6D vs D600 Astrophotography
In reply to Digitaliz, Feb 15, 2013

Digitaliz wrote:

I use 5D Mk3 with Samyang 14/2.8. I believe thats exactly the same lens as Rokinon.

There is no need fot me to use liveview to focus since infinte beacuse the lens wont focus beyond infinity.

My copy of Samyang is tac sharp at F:2.8 even at the corners like most reviews of this lens states.

My copy focused at infinity at about 1.5m on the lens scale and continued to turn to the infinity mark, which was obviously well beyond infinity focus.  This focus calibration behavior is well documented as being pretty common with this lens and there are even utube tutorials on opening up the lens barrel to move the lens calibration marks to line up with actual lens performance.  I calibrated infinity with magnified Live View and put marks on a piece of tape on the lens barrel.

I am aware that this lens was designed for crop bodied cameras, and that FF performance was not guaranteed.   I expected quite a bit of corner vignetting but found the corner softness to be unacceptable at f2.8 on FF.

Mike K's gear list:Mike K's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS D60 Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
D600New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow