Recommendations for an External Microphone?

Started Feb 10, 2013 | Questions thread
Y0GI
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,210Gear list
Like?
Re: Recommendations for an External Microphone?
In reply to Frank Deignan, Feb 15, 2013

Frank Deignan wrote:

Thought I'd bring everyone up to date on my search for a microphone to use with my T4i.

I purchased an Audio-Technica ATR-6550 Video Shotgun Microphone from Amazon. The reviews from Amazon purchasers and also people on YouTube praised the microphone and told of very few short-comings. They all said that it was a great little microphone for the price.

Amazon's price was $56.24, which I thought was very reasonable. When I ordered it and checked out, I noticed that there was a promotion applied for $22.12, which brought the price down to $34.12. I did not see any promotion advertised, but I'm not complaining.

I've played with the microphone for a while, and I'm completely satisfied with it's sound quality. What makes this microphone even better is the fact that the company offers a life-time warranty on it! In the reviews that I read, the company stands behind their product 100%.

I did not want to break the bank on this product, and I didn't. I'm fully satisfied with the purchase. Hope this review helps some people out there who might be looking for the same type of product that I was.

Frank

I'm glad that you found one that you liked, Frank.  Thanks for your review!

-- hide signature --

Yogi
When you get down to the nuts and bolts of photography, the results depend on the 'nut' behind the camera!
See the 'Gear List' in my 'Profile' for my current equipment.
Check out WilbaW's beginner FAQs at - http://snipurl.com/RebelFAQ

Y0GI's gear list:Y0GI's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow