What has happened to Nikon?

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 3,926Gear list
Like?
Nikon QC
In reply to primeshooter, Feb 15, 2013

I like my Nikon gear but I've had, like so many others, trouble with the newest bodies.

I'm sorry, but if you think this has happened before you're being very unrealistic. While most DSLRs have some issues upon release, this is quite a bit worse. We're not talking about a few dead pixels. We're talking about basic operation, such as AF and oil on a sensor.

And the repair stories do not inspire confidence.

That's it. If you want to play netcop and tell me that the Nikon gear forum is only for positive discussion, you'll turn blue trying to stop people from posting valid (and sometimes less than valid) complaints.

Will Nikon care if I move to Canon? Sure they will. Because I'm not just one person. I'm the guy who knows quite a few pro shooters in NY, CT and PA. Some have already dropped Nikon. And my behavior influences people around me. And those people's behavior effects others. And that's how Nikon can eventually lose a lot of the market no matter how higly spec'd their cameras are.

A hundred unhappy customers effects many thousands of other customers. It's basic business.

And if your D800 or other new camera works perfectly, then why are you reading THIS? It has nothing to do with you. Enjoy your camera. Go take some photos and post them. I'm not raining on anyone's parade.

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow