Olympus Lens Accessories: An Overview

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 9,015Gear list
Like?
That's the Mk1 lens -- a dog
In reply to Iskender, Feb 15, 2013

But it’s true that Oly supply the bare lens with the caps. Back in the day they came with excellent hoods and cases.

Mind you -- when you traded a camera and proudly presented your accessory lenses in their pristine cases (who used them?) the dealer would throw the cases straight into the trash can.

The Oy 14-42 II lens comes with a removable ring art the front which gives access to a bayonet mount for the lens hood (which you still have to buy extra, of course, but 3rd party are cheap and good). This is much quicker and better in use than the screw-in lens hood. For example, you can change filters without removing the hood. One less thing to juggle (not that I actually use filters that much! :)).

I do wish Oly would provide a padded pouch with their lenses. I carry my stuff loose in a backpack. A couple of padeed pouches make all the difference.

Cheers, geoff

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow