Disney World - What to bring

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
pinnacle
Senior MemberPosts: 2,431Gear list
Like?
Re: Disney World - What to bring
In reply to tyroiii, Feb 15, 2013

tyroiii wrote:

I'm going to Disney World in March with the family (wife and 2 4 year olds). I'm looking for suggestions on what to bring to the park during the day and at night.

I have an EM-5. Here are the options that I'm thinking about for the lenses:

1) Oly 14-150 + 25 1.4 (simple, rare lens changing but not the best IQ)

2) 14 2.5 + 25 1.4 + 45 1.8 (lightweight, best IQ, frequent lens changes)

3) 7-14 + 25 1.4 + 35-100 (best range (wide end), relatively big and heavy)

4) 12-35 + 35-100 (good IQ, less lens changes, I don't have 12-35, so I'll have to buy)

This is the first time that I'm going to Disney World, so I'm not really sure what to expect. So, any suggestions/thoughts are welcome.

I have been to Disney World and Disney Land several times with children. Most recently I went with my four year old grandson. I think of a trip like this as focused on the children and fun. I decided to keep my main gear in the hotel room and took a Sony TX20 compact P&S to use in the park. Any kind of bulky bag that you carry with you can simply be a nuisance. The Sony allowed me to slip it into my cargo pants pocket in a neoprene case and not worry about riding on Grizzly River Run or Splash Mountain with all of the water issues.

Don't get me wrong. I am a gear guy. But, the Disney experience is one that is best centered (for me) around building of memories that are mainly the kind you keep in your head. The pictures can be captured without a concern for printing big or not having enough DR or not being sharp enough or having too much CA here or there. Even if you are on a ride with everyone, you can hold up the camera tethered to your wrist with a simple wrist strap and take all the pictures you want to.

Just go have fun! Leave the M43 camera craziness/bulkiness in the hotel room when going into the park and use it for other elements of the trip.

Dan

-- hide signature --

Life is good.

pinnacle's gear list:pinnacle's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow