My GH3 EVF - a new observation and opinion

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
JEDay
Junior MemberPosts: 41Gear list
Like?
Re: My GH3 EVF - a new observation and opinion
In reply to Marco Cinnirella, Feb 15, 2013

Marco, this has me pretty baffled. I'm sorry to hear that your second unit is no better than your first. As you know I can't say the same.

My second GH3 is definitely an improvement over the first. The white smearing of the on screen text has been eliminated entirely and the area of focus is larger than the first one. If I tilt the camera or change eye position, the text remains clear with one small area going out of focus slightly, but no smearing or ghosting. My first unit had smearing with or without my glasses on and now I have no issue in either case. The color issue is still there but as you know I thought it might be slightly better. That could be because I've refined my custom white balance adjustments over time.

This second camera EVF is so good that I understood why some people had no issue with it at all, and were wondering what all the complaining was about. Having had a bad one, I know it to be a real issue.

Jack

JEDay's gear list:JEDay's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow