Started Feb 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
David Nall
Forum ProPosts: 14,474Gear list
Re: A walk in the evening with Nemo
In reply to Bob Tullis, Feb 15, 2013

Bob Tullis wrote:

Andre Bomhof wrote:

Hi Bob! When I heard that the blizzard was coming, I wondered if you would have an opportunity to go out and record the event. Great results!

Yea, I had a sense of that, but tried to ignore it (too much pressure to perform, period, no less the guilt for not going pano).

One of the satisfactions lately has been realizing what prime FL I prefer. Shot mainly with zooms for a decade, but the last 2-3 years mainly with primes. On a walk in a previous snowstorm with a 20/1.7 lens (40mm FOV on µ4/3) it suddenly was clear that I preferred something between 40mm and 24mm. It took a lot of rationalization to turn to the Nocton 17.5/.95, but the 'discovery' has been very rewarding.

This was my Holiday/Thank you card this year, on the evening that revelation came to mind. So when the next storm came I had to give it another go.

E-M5, Lumix 20/1.7

I like the second one the best.  The exposure is much more even top to bottom.  The above crop works well for the second one too.  Dave

E-M5, Voigtlander Nocton 17.5/0.95

As much as I return to familiar places, I always recall "Never take the same photo twice'. As much as I've tried, while it's always better or worse than before, it's never quite the same [g].

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Little Big Man

-- hide signature --

Visit my gallery at http://davesphotography9173.zenfolio.com/
View of Yosemite Valley, Bridalveil fall 4 frame vertical pano taken from the tunnel parking lot.

David Nall's gear list:David Nall's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow