Cheap legacy wide angle/fisheye lenses?

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
kev777zero
Senior MemberPosts: 1,476Gear list
Like?
Re: Cheap legacy wide angle/fisheye lenses?
In reply to SasoV, Feb 15, 2013

SasoV wrote:

kev777zero wrote:

check out the Rokinon/Samyang 8mm f/2.8 fisheye lens. Not exactly legacy lens but manual focus. A VERY decent fisheye at only a fraction the cost & size of other fisheyes. A gold box deal comes around every once in a while on Amazon for ~$250USD

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevinwlyu/

I understand you have or had boat SEL 16mm with fisheye adapter and Samyang 8mm. As I am looking to buy a fisheye I would like to ask you wich one would you sudgest. I dont hawe a 16mm lens yet so I would have to buy a complete set.

Thanks.

The Samyang beats the SEL16 with fisheye adapter hands down. If all you are going for is the fisheye don't even bother thinking twice, Samyang beats all for fisheye on NEX.

On the other hand if you want wide angle, SEL16 also has a wide angle adapter, which I still use, that is still quite acceptable (obviously less quality than the SEL1018, but at 1/4 the price).

kev777zero's gear list:kev777zero's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-3 Sony Alpha NEX-5N NEX5R Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow