Going on Safari - but which camera XS-1 or Nikon D700?

Started Feb 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 18,024Gear list
Like?
Re: Going on Safari - but which camera XS-1 or Nikon D700?
In reply to 2nd degree, Feb 15, 2013

2nd degree wrote:

Thanks for the help (I think )

No easy answer here! I have a D80 at my disposal which gives me the 1.5x crop factor too, but I wouldn't fancy using it above ISO800 (guess that's unlikely as light levels should be okay). Also it's nowhere near as nice as the D700 to use, plus I'm worried about the 70-200mm lens value wise.

Not sure I want to make another lens purchase either, because I'd never use it once I got home.

Got a Panasonic TZ10 as backup which is okay for snapshots.

Jeez, I just don't know what to do. I am still drawn to the convenience of the XS-1. Think I'll see if I can track a nearby store down that has one in stock.

Go and try one, they really are very good, my normal camera is an E-M5 but I'll quite happily use the X-S1 for anything and everything.

Alternatively I just take the D700 and lens(es) and make sure it's all insured. (Is covered on my household but would need to check for abroad).

-- hide signature --

For the person who is good with a hammer, everything in life tends to look like a nail.....
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
labe MOD
labe MOD
labe MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow