My GH3 EVF - a new observation and opinion

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
sea_dragon
Contributing MemberPosts: 670Gear list
Like?
Re: My GH3 EVF - a new observation and opinion
In reply to Marco Cinnirella, Feb 15, 2013

Marco Cinnirella wrote:

That's my expreience too - I returned my first UK batch GH3 for a later January 2013 batch model (again, in the UK) and the EVFs are the same - lacking in crispness, smeary, and you have to look dead centre for things to look OK. I honestly can hardly use it for manual focus at all. It is a world apart from the amazing EVF on my Sony a77.

I had a look at the NEX-7 again while I was there today.  No doubt it looks better than the GH3 EVF.  I noticed it does have some distortion, but not to the same degree as the GH3, nor is it as sensitive to eye placement.  Plus, I was able to see the entire image corner to corner with my glasses on, something I wish I could do with my GH3.

I also noticed the Sony's EVF image turns to a brownish tint when you move your eye a bit off center.

This whole EVF thing has me baffled.  Some people see nothing wrong at all while others think it is terrible.

sea_dragon's gear list:sea_dragon's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow