amtberg
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,397
Like?
Re: My GH3 EVF - a new observation and opinion
In reply to Marco Cinnirella, Feb 15, 2013

Marco Cinnirella wrote:

sea_dragon wrote:

Another quick EVF related update...

I just got back from Henry's Camera in Toronto where they just received a new batch of GH3s. I went there today at lunch and they were kind enough to open a new box and let me look at it (their display model is still from an early December batch).

The EVF on the recent camera is no different than mine. Same small sweet spot and blurring at the slightest movement of they eye.

At this point, it is my opinion that Panasonic has NOT changed anything regarding the EVF contrary to some of the rumors that they switched EVF manufacturers etc.

The salesperson also had a look at both cameras and commented that it looked strange to him as well. He said it's like the curvature of the magnifier is too great causing the distortion to the sides.

Anyway, just wanted to post my latest observations for anyone interested.

That's my expreience too - I returned my first UK batch GH3 for a later January 2013 batch model (again, in the UK) and the EVFs are the same - lacking in crispness, smeary, and you have to look dead centre for things to look OK. I honestly can hardly use it for manual focus at all. It is a world apart from the amazing EVF on my Sony a77.

Are you saying you can't even use it for manual focus in magnified view?  I have absolutely no problem with it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow