A few X-E1 questions from a former x100 owner

Started Feb 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
baobob
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,025Gear list
Like?
Re: A few X-E1 questions from a former x100 owner
In reply to Mr Sincere, Feb 15, 2013

1) How is AF performance compared to the x100 with all firmware updates? I know neither is a speed demon. The AF speed wasn't a big deal to me with the x100, but I was annoyed by it's tendency to mis-focus at shorter distances, and sometimes not lock at all. Is the XE-1 with the 18-55 any better in this regard? Is the focus any faster than the x100?

After the latest  FW upgrade IMHO there is no more issue with AF

It is not the fastest but it wotks well and is very accurate At short distances you need macro mode

2) One of my biggest pet peeves with the x100 was the way the controls locked up while the RAW files were being emptied from the buffer. It was annoying to take a photo, realize I forgot to turn the ND filter off, and then have to wait (for what sometimes felt like an eternity) for the RAW buffer to finish writing. Does the X-E1 remain responsive while the RAW buffer empties?

Thanks a bunch in advance. This looks like a very helpful and friendly forum.

The writing with a very fast card (needed UHS card) is ok and the camera is soon available (did not record the excat time, bur usually never missed avilability of the cam)

XP1 and XE1 are great X cameras since you can, apart XF lenses, use in manual mode a tremendous amount of lenses, with the amazing IQ

-- hide signature --

Good judgment comes from experience
Experience comes from bad judgment

baobob's gear list:baobob's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX100 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow