Do you non professionals still use DSLR's? And why?

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hatstand
Contributing MemberPosts: 873
Like?
Re: Living in the past?
In reply to mgd43, Feb 15, 2013

mgd43 wrote:

The FZ150 must be one heck of a superzoom because none of the superzooms I've used come near most of those numbers including a FZ35. Do you know anything about ephotozine.com? Who are they? How reliable are they?

Don't get me wrong. I like superzooms. They offer a lot for the money and I often recommend them, but I've used a few and their focus speed and shot to shot speed were considerably slower than any of my DSLR's. They also produce considerably more noise at high iso's than DSLR's and their focus speed can become painfully slow in low light.

Still, they are relatively compact compared to a DSLR with a couple of lenses, and they produce very good results under most conditions.

Well, yes - it IS a heck of a superzoom. As I said, it was only when the FZ150 came along, that I felt able to let go of my DSLR.

ephotozine, I know nothing about them - but the figures must be pretty close, because as I said - I have owned and used both Panasonic FZ150 and Canon 600D, and I find their performance very similar (not image quality though, of course).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow