Tamron 90-300mm Ebay Find for Sony A99

Started Feb 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
StayClassy
Regular MemberPosts: 229Gear list
Like?
Re: Tamron 90-300mm Ebay Find for Sony A99
In reply to brian14478, Feb 15, 2013

brian14478 wrote:

Here is a quick 'dumb' test ..The original starting point(re-sized) Then open at different focal lenghts. It has a small line where it switches to f5 on the lens..

no re-size so all 100% cropped jpegs except the first

Yes we love our dog...not a very scientific test. The box was curved also. Didnt need any 'micro-adjustment and the lens i recieved from the same seller was brand-new condition. I honestly do not think it saw an hour on any camera ever......It amazes me how many people say the lens is half-rubbish, ....brian

From my use with it so far, I totally agree. I found no need to microadjust it because it was sharpest at the default setting, but so far this lens seems to be able to give my 70-210 a run for the money in terms of sharpness. It may get a little softer at 300mm, but that's handheld and the pics were still plenty good.

-- hide signature --

When people ask me whether I'm a photographer, I tell them that I'm more of a time artist. After all, my art is my ability to freeze time and capture a moment forever.

StayClassy's gear list:StayClassy's gear list
Sony SLT-A99
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow