Started Feb 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
JakeB
Contributing MemberPosts: 758Gear list
Like?
Re: Tokina 16-28
In reply to Shotcents, Feb 15, 2013

Shotcents wrote:

Shotcents wrote:

Got the Tokina 16-28 2.8 first test shots yesterday and....

Thus far it seems like a nice replacement for my old 14-24 and I'm glad I returned the Nikon 16-35 F4. The Tokina appears to be very sharp, great in the corners when stopped down (perhaps as good as the 14-24) minimal distortion and beautiful rendering. Downside: A filter kit with big filters will make it as expensive as the 16-35 F4, so no real savings in the end. But 2.8 is nicer than VR for my usage and this is optically better....so far. The 28mm long end makes it a bit more practical for me than the 14-24, though that lens is nearly faultless.

More details and a full review after I shoot with it today. The Tokina was 850, less 100 for instant rebate. I think it will easily fill the shoes of the 14-24 unless you need 14mm more than 16mm.

Robert

UPDATE

The Tokina may be a DUD. I've been carefully examining shots and making comparisons. I will be posting samples later!

Robert

Don't forget to include close ups of cereal boxes and eyes, then base all your arguments on low res jpegs.

JakeB's gear list:JakeB's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow