7D Jpg and 7D Raw the Same?

Started Feb 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jeff Peterman
Forum ProPosts: 10,564Gear list
Like?
Re: Whew!
In reply to TDR1, Feb 15, 2013

Two occasions for shooting RAW come to mind:

1. With the 40D, I was shooting something where I needed a string of shots with the absolute minimum time between them - with the smaller buffer on the 40D, and slower processor, shooting JPGs helped. But, I haven't been in a situation where the 7D was too slow or too limited when shooting RAW.

2. When I needed to immediately show my shots to someone on a computer that wouldn't support RAW images: I shot RAW+JPG so that I could use the JPG files to show the images and still have the RAW files for editing at home. Now that I have an Android tablet that will accept a CF card reader, I can just shoot RAW and use that to show the images (and to do simple RAW to JPG conversion). With the new firmware on the 7D, I can even convert the RAW files to JPGs after the shot, if needed, so even less reason to shoot JPGs.

-- hide signature --

Jeff Peterman, Moderator 7D and Phone/Tablet forums.
Not a staff member, or paid employee, of DPReview.
Any insults, implied anger, bad grammar and bad spelling, are entirely unintentionalal. Sorry.
www.pbase.com/jeffp25
www.jeffp25.smugmug.com

Jeff Peterman's gear list:Jeff Peterman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ40 Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow