7D Jpg and 7D Raw the Same?

Started Feb 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jeff Peterman
Forum ProPosts: 10,057Gear list
Like?
Re: Whew!
In reply to TDR1, Feb 15, 2013

Two occasions for shooting RAW come to mind:

1. With the 40D, I was shooting something where I needed a string of shots with the absolute minimum time between them - with the smaller buffer on the 40D, and slower processor, shooting JPGs helped. But, I haven't been in a situation where the 7D was too slow or too limited when shooting RAW.

2. When I needed to immediately show my shots to someone on a computer that wouldn't support RAW images: I shot RAW+JPG so that I could use the JPG files to show the images and still have the RAW files for editing at home. Now that I have an Android tablet that will accept a CF card reader, I can just shoot RAW and use that to show the images (and to do simple RAW to JPG conversion). With the new firmware on the 7D, I can even convert the RAW files to JPGs after the shot, if needed, so even less reason to shoot JPGs.

-- hide signature --

Jeff Peterman, Moderator 7D and Phone/Tablet forums.
Not a staff member, or paid employee, of DPReview.
Any insults, implied anger, bad grammar and bad spelling, are entirely unintentionalal. Sorry.
www.pbase.com/jeffp25
www.jeffp25.smugmug.com

Jeff Peterman's gear list:Jeff Peterman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ40 Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow