Joseph S Wisniewski
Forum ProPosts: 33,949Gear list
Like?
You'd think he was selling filters...
In reply to GaryW, Feb 15, 2013

GaryW wrote:

ropausa wrote:

Smoke, sand, wind borne things.

A filter nor hood will protect sand from getting inside the zoom mechanism. I've not had any front element damaged from the elements. I don't smoke, but I think that, too, would be pulled inside the lens when zooming.

As for your 18 to 55. Think about it. If your hood blocks light at 55mm then it has to vignette at 18mm. No choice about it. An effective 55mm hood has a smaller opening then an 18mm hood.

Less effective does not equal not effective.

You won't sway this guy from his nearly fanatical advocacy of Heliopan filters, Gary. It's almost like he was selling them or something.

In fact, he's been asked, more than once, if he has any affiliation with them, if he's a dealer, distributor, or rep, and he's declined to answer, every single time. I've noticed he's also like that about Giottos tripods, and Novoflex equipment, too.

I think what we have here is an old-fashioned shill, someone definitely associated with those companies, but without the moral fortitude to come right out and admit it.

-- hide signature --

Rahon Klavanian 1912-2008. Armenian genocide survivor, amazing cook, scrabble master, and loving grandmother. You will be missed. Ciao! Joseph www.swissarmyfork.com

Joseph S Wisniewski's gear list:Joseph S Wisniewski's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Nikon D90 Nikon D2X Nikon D3 Nikon D100 +42 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow