What has happened to Nikon?

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
BassFisher
Regular MemberPosts: 248Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon vs.Apple
In reply to Shotcents, Feb 15, 2013

Shotcents wrote:

I own a quad core i7 Mac that cost a bit over 3K. Some months ago Apple sent me an e-mail. It said that the hard drive in my system might have a flaw that would effect it's longevity. They provided info for me to check the system and drive and a number that entitled me to a free drive replacement.

I brought the CPU to the local Apple store and 3 days later I picked up my Mac with it's new drive. All of my files and software were replaced (I had backed them up) and the store gave me a 25 dollar gift card.

Can anyone imagine Nikon behaving this way?

I called Nikon about the AF issue twice and both times they were far from understanding. We've all seen the posts from people sending cameras in 3 times. Or Nikon claims the AF points are fine. Or they say it has impact damage.

As a consumer I should not be AFRAID to use my warranty.

Just how much dynamite has to go off between your ears before you become clear-headed about this stuff?

Robert

Actually Nikon did better than this some years ago when they had a battery problem they actually shipped new batteries out to customers BEFORE they had to send theirs back (freight paid by NIKON) just so their customers were not without their cameras.

So far all my experiences with NIKON, including service, has been positive.

-- hide signature --

BillD
Sydney, Australia
Time is the only thing I don't have enough of.

BassFisher's gear list:BassFisher's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow