What has happened to Nikon?

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
rhlpetrus
Forum ProPosts: 22,904Gear list
Like?
The proof of the pudding
In reply to Shotcents, Feb 15, 2013

Sales. If Nikon does well, relatively to rest of market, they will mostly ignore the internet noise, if sales start to show real problems, they will look for reasons, the QC item will become relevant. They run surveys, they may be preparing one on QC and user perception.

The fact that this or that site or blogger has complained or reported problems is not a big thing per se, unexpected difficulties in selling products is what matters. Canon had a big perception issue with the AF during the 1D3 debacle, but still they kept at #1 in overall dslr sales.

The fact that Nikon has had a reduction in returns is not an indication sales have really slowed down, there are financial issues, like the exchange rate, competition and pricing, etc. I bet they know about these things more than anyone in these forums do.

As an user, I hope they improve on their QC and product support, obviously, even if, personally, I haven't had any issues with 3 bodies and 7 lenses (dlsrs and Nikon 1), plus flash and other stuff.

Maybe my perspective is of someone that is still amazed what digital allows one to do photographically, having used film for 30+ years before getting first digital dslr 6 years ago.

-- hide signature --

Renato. http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhlpedrosa/ OnExposure member http://www.onexposure.net/ Good shooting and good luck (after Ed Murrow)

rhlpetrus's gear list:rhlpetrus's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow