What has happened to Nikon?

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 4,077Gear list
Like?
Nikon vs.Apple
In reply to Shotcents, Feb 15, 2013

I own a quad core i7 Mac that cost a bit over 3K. Some months ago Apple sent me an e-mail. It said that the hard drive in my system might have a flaw that would effect it's longevity. They provided info for me to check the system and drive and a number that entitled me to a free drive replacement.

I brought the CPU to the local Apple store and 3 days later I picked up my Mac with it's new drive. All of my files and software were replaced (I had backed them up) and the store gave me a 25 dollar gift card.

Can anyone imagine Nikon behaving this way?

I called Nikon about the AF issue twice and both times they were far from understanding. We've all seen the posts from people sending cameras in 3 times. Or Nikon claims the AF points are fine. Or they say it has impact damage.

As a consumer I should not be AFRAID to use my warranty.

Just how much dynamite has to go off between your ears before you become clear-headed about this stuff?

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow