What has happened to Nikon?

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 4,084Gear list
Like?
The Nikon Basher?
In reply to lanefAU, Feb 15, 2013

The idea that I'm a Nikon basher is pretty silly.

I've enjoy most of my Nikon gear....My 70-200 VRII is my favorite lens. I do complain about the focus breathing, well, because it has really bad focus breathing; the worst in it's class. I found the 24-85vr an amazing little lens and even prefer it to the 24-120 F4! The 85 1.8G is a wonder of sharpness and bokeh. I find it better than my old 85 1.4D. Though I sold my 24-70 it's a fantastic lens. The 300 F4 and 2.8 are amazing.

My D700 was fantastic. So was my D700, D300, and all the rest. So now I'm a Nikon basher because I bring up the issue of QC?

If you think it's only 50 people you're in dreamland. If you think it's because the unhappy customers make the most noise you're also wrong. There has NEVER been this kind of noise before.

And while I'm contributing to that noise, I'm a drop in the bucket. Look, I enjoy my D800 and lenses. I'm simply stating a very simple set of facts. If Nikon decides to conduct this type of business they will see profits fall even further.

With the D4, D600 and D800 Nikon had the key to complete domination of the DSLR market. All three ranked above Canon's models at release dates that were close. Nikon had the win, but they are losing the game in a BIG way because they did not build the cameras well enough.

Concept, Design and Build. All three have to be there for a successful product. Nikon failed on BUILD.

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow