Anyone else notice e-Bay prices going up for FF lenses?

Started Feb 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rod McD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,507Gear list
Like?
Anyone else notice e-Bay prices going up for FF lenses?
Feb 15, 2013

Hi,

I'm trawling e-Bay at the moment after about a year of sitting comfortably with my lens collection.   I've noticed that wide FF lenses have been going up.  For example - FA 24/2 $750-900, FA 28-70 f2.8 $900 - 1100, FA 20/2.8 $750, A20/2.8 $650 for excellent copies.  Anyone else noticed this?  They've gone up quite a bit over the last year.  Good ones are getting rarer of course, but I suspect that the fact that Pentax appear to be considering an FF camera may have driven them up.  FF WAs (wider than 31mm) and FF compatible zooms are the lenses that Pentax doesn't have now.

With asking prices like these (if they are realised) you'd think buyers would be taking a risk that Pentax will release reasonably affordable new lenses with digital coatings and other benefits of more recent design.  If, for example, you spend $800 on an FA 24, and Pentax release a new and improved lens for say $1000, surely you'd be wondering if that was good value?

Food for thought.  Cheers, Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +4 more
Pentax Optio A20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow