Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
lanefAU
Senior MemberPosts: 4,175Gear list
Like?
Re: What has happened to Nikon?
In reply to Prairie Pal, Feb 15, 2013

Prairie Pal wrote:

lanefAU wrote:

Same here, it was a big mistake on my part to jump early on a new model, should have waited at least a year as I did for my D70, D200 & D700.

I'm in the same boat. I was late in the game before I actually picked up and experienced the feel and performance of the D700 and then before I knew it they were no longer available. I regretted not getting one, so when the D600 came out I jumped on it in faith that it was going to be as trouble free and venerable as the D700 despite the plastic build. That's the last time I ever make that mistake with Nikon.

I think Nikon has to be very careful here and listen attentively what kind of feeling is starting to build up among many Nikon users.  When a feeling of mistrust starts to spread, it creates that kind of over cautious sentiment which could influence how users would want to buy any new future bodies and could induce some to jump ship. It's a bit like the economy; if it is being talked down for too long it creates insecurity and a kind of reluctance to spend.

lanefAU's gear list:lanefAU's gear list
G1 X II Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow