What has happened to Nikon?

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Digiman - Your post has the 'evidence' all other posts anecdotal
In reply to OldDigiman, Feb 15, 2013

OldDigiman wrote:

Standing off to the side of the flame wars between trolls and fanboys are people like Roger Cicla of lensrentals.com who deals with large numbers of Nikon products day in and day out. He has an objective view of Nikon QC and service. http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2012/09/lensrentals-repair-data-january-july-2012

And then there's Thom Hogan, who is aggregating problem reports and thinks that Nikon is way way off the path.

Nikon is a shadow of the company it was in film days, both with regards to QC and customer relations.

-- hide signature --

Hmm highly interesting and moreso as you say independent. The issue of QC is very apparent and supports the anecdotal statements on this blog, quote ''More notable, to me at least, is that we’ve already had almost 10% of our Canon 5D III and Nikon D800s repaired, despite having them in stock only a few months. I said we usually don’t put things on the list that we’ve had less than 6 months, but this is so noticeable it deserves mention. Once again, early adopters seem to be doing some beta testing.''

Then, the issues of service is worse, but note Nikon vs Canon:

Canon 6 days turnaround $305

Nikon 26 days tirnaround $376

Clearly an issue.

And this is impartial!

I find it highly strange that just because people choose to reply and comment to a blog thread re issues, they are labelled 'having a problem with Nikon'. But here these factual links show clear QC and service issues. No one says they hate Nikon or Canon, but to comment on evidence is perfectly legitimate.

Surely highlighting this should help not hinder Nikon.

Sometimes I think people get too emotional on these sorts of things instead of looking at them analytically.

-- hide signature --

.....Just from an amateur......''Sometimes it's to your advantage for people to think you're crazy.” I am only a hoobyist, I cannot and do not give expert advice, dont expect it, just take it as a suggestion to think about, but only if you wish to. We should try to not wait for life to happen, while it passes us by.

Bajerunner's gear list:Bajerunner's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow