Started Jan 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Radu Iordache
Forum MemberPosts: 76
Like?
Re: 16-50 focusing issue - reviews?
In reply to BRUCEK56, Feb 15, 2013

BRUCEK56 wrote:

Hi Radu,

Update!................I received my camera and lens back today from the Sony, Laredo, Texas Service Center.

As mentioned previously they gave me a brand new lens (after checking mine) direct from Japan.

After extensively testing it under the same parameters where the lens would back focus about 2 inches (50mm F5.6) using PDAF autofocus I am VERY happy to report the problem has been solved!!

All pictures now come out nice and sharp at 50mm F5.6 It is quite a relief!..........now I can enjoy this lens the way it was meant to be used.

Obviously my original lens was the problem.

If anyone would like the "event i.d. #" which is my repair case number let me know in case you are going to send in your camera/lens combo for the same issue. It might help if you tell them my original lens needed to be replaced.......and they could confirm it by referencing my case number.

-- hide signature --

BRUCEK56

Hi Bruce,

Wow, this realy is great news. To be honest I did not expect it to be solved and I am very happy and surprised. It is now clear that there was a batch of defective lenses that we have the bad luck to receive from. I thionk there are many like this, I remind you that I tested 3 of them and all of them had this issue (however, they were almost consecutive serial numbers).

Please privide us with the refference number of your service event. Tomorrow I will deliver mine to the service. As I said before, thanks for your sacrifice

If you preffer to give it by PM, just tell me.

Best regards,

Radu

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AhumNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow