Started Feb 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
memo90061
Contributing MemberPosts: 580Gear list
Like?
I just bought a Pentax K-5 II
Feb 15, 2013

The Pentax K-5 II seems like such a great camera. I haven't had an opportunity to play as much with it because it was waiting for me in my room when I was at my University. Now I've been taking pictures around the house, and the pictures look better compared to my OM-D at least when it comes to high ISO, which should be normal I guess because of their sensor difference.

I have some questions. I've been playing around with the ISO settings. When in program I have it set to auto iso between 100-3200. It always seems to stay at 3200 even when I use the flash. Is this normal, or should I move some settings? It seems like the camera is geared towards experts, and it probably is. I chose the camera because of the good ISO performance, DR, and WR. I'm not an expert, but just want the best quality possible when taking pictures. I've been choosing the ISO myself, but there are times when I go on a trip and just take pictures of what I see, and don't want to be choosing the ISO every time. Maybe I don't have enough light in my room? What about with the flash? Why does it stay high?

Overall it seems like such a great camera.

memo90061's gear list:memo90061's gear list
Olympus E-M1
Pentax K-5 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow