Do you non professionals still use DSLR's? And why?

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Midwest
Forum ProPosts: 14,143
Like?
Re: Do you non professionals still use DSLR's? And why?
In reply to Alleg1, Feb 15, 2013

Alleg1 wrote:

I only carry a camera when specifically going out to take photos. I mainly shoot landscapes and equestrian subjects for which a DSLR seems more useful,as you note.
There seems to be an obsession with always carrying a camera on the assumption that some fantastic opportunity will arise!

I totally agree with you. When I set out to take photos it is with a deliberate goal in mind, a particular subject of some sort and an idea of what I'm looking to shoot. If I don't have anything specific in mind I don't head out with a camera just to point it at this and that and snap pics. Gosh knows the forums are drowning in such stuff already.

Would a good cook go out into the kitchen and just start getting out ingredients and making something without any idea of what they wanted or needed to make? Just so they could play with the mixer and the flour sifter?

And I've never gotten the feeling that I wanted to be snapping pictures while I was eating in a restaurant or whatever, that I should always have a camera (in my pocket no less) handy.

-- hide signature --

You don't TAKE a photo, you MAKE a photo.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow