Movable fake walls?

Started Feb 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Jack A. Zucker OP Veteran Member • Posts: 3,539
Re: Movable fake walls?

Great idea. Thanks very much. One concern is whether the bolts through the HD foam would just tear out?

Sailor Blue wrote:

Jack A. Zucker wrote:

Thanks. That solution won't work exactly because I don't have the space for the ladder but I'm sure I can borrow some of the concepts. I looked at buying the DVD. Is it work $90?

Jack, in your case probably not.

Note that high density (polyurethane?) foam is not the white crumbly Styrofoam stuff they sell for cheap home insulation. It is a solid open cell foam sheet, is several times heavier, and is much stronger. Most that I have seen is yellow. The open cells on the surface are great since texture paint (water based paint with plaster added to it) clings well.

If you have a wall or a corner of your studio that you can rest high density foam sheets against you can add strips of foam to the back. That way a simple stand of wood would hold them vertical but the strips on the back would touch the wall. This should provide sufficient support for a model to lean against the sheets.

An easy way to make the stand is to use a 2"x4" and a pair of shelf L brackets with a couple of bolts through the two shelf brackets and the sheet of foam.

-- hide signature --

Living and loving it in Bangkok, Thailand. Canon 7D - See the gear list for the rest.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow