Ethics

Started Feb 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
cplittleton
Regular MemberPosts: 369Gear list
Like?
Re: Ethics
In reply to Snapshott, Feb 15, 2013

One of the NWRs I visit has several fishing line disposal containers (essentially a 3' long piece of PVC pipe on a stake) spread through the refuge at the most popular fishing spots.  It always amazes me that they appear well-used.  They were something new to me when I first saw them - seems like a good idea.  I have yet to see line tangles in trees or reeds along the waterline (although that certainly doesn't mean it's not there).

I do see the occasional water bottle or beverage can, but they are somewhat rare.  Perhaps this NWR is lucky in the folks it attracts, or perhaps there is a volunteer organization that keeps after things.  There is a state park I shoot in regularly where the water bottles, beer cans, and cigarette butts have taken over the shorelines, and fishing line tangles are almost as common.  It's strikes me that the NWR is free to get in and the state park charges an entrance fee.  Apparently economics have little to do with the problem, at least around here.

CPLittleton

cplittleton's gear list:cplittleton's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Nik HDR Efex Pro +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow