Wide Angle Lens Question - For using with 5D Mark III

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
madhu0
Forum MemberPosts: 95
Like?
Re: Wide Angle Lens Question - For using with 5D Mark III
In reply to ESfishdoc, Feb 15, 2013

Thanks.

My thought process was the same (a zoom is great convenience), but no budget to go for  Canon 16-35mm. I heard that Tokina 16-28 is good, but not sure how good on Canon full frame.

14mm Canon is a great lens, but no budget at this time. May be I try with those RokiBowYang if I see that I am using that focal length, get a better one (Canon zoom or 14mm prime)

Also hearing rumors about 14-24 coming from Canon, but with the recent trends in prices, I am sure it will be out of my budget....

-Madhu

ESfishdoc wrote:

I'm using my 16-35L 2.8 on the 5DMkIII.. a lot.. I really like it. I find a zoom is a great thing to have on the camera for convenience. I probably shoot more at 16mm than any other focal length when using that lens but it is nice to have the variety.

Now.. at 400 dollars the RokiBowYang is a great buy and has a good reputation for being quite sharp. If it breaks.. get another one!

If you know you are shooting wide all the time and want the best Canon prime in an ultra wide... a 14mm 2.8 can be had used for around 1300-1400.

I'm happy with the 16-35L

Richard

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow